Administration building, workshop – factory conversion - Hamburg, 1995
Erected in 1911 as a “car factory”, this building was one of the first reinforced concrete skeleton frame structures in Hamburg.
The complete rehabilitation and conversion oft the five-story courtyard Workshop development accentuated the rectilinear nature of the building through the insertion of new volumes that are discrete from the existing structure.
Reprinted with friendly permission from
Detail Magazine for Architecture
“Gewerbebau in Hamburg” published in, “Detail” Issue 03/1996, Pages 326-330